This is roughly how we handle the information we gather.
AGE OF CONSENT
By accessing Tochelle, you represent that you are at least the age of majority in your state or province of residence and you have given us your consent to allow any of your minor dependents to use the Services.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
- Information That You Provide: We collect information that you provide directly to us. For example, we collect information when you use our website, create an online account, sign up to receive our emails, participate in a giveaway sweepstakes, contest, promotion or survey, communicate with us via third-party social media sites such as Facebook, Instagram or Twitter, request customer support, or otherwise communicate with us. Providing your Personal Information to us is voluntary, however, if you do not provide some or all of the information we request, we may not be able to provide you with certain products, services or information.
The types of information you may provide directly to us include, but are not limited to your name, shipping address, billing address, zip or postal code, telephone number, email address, birth date, payment information, product and communication preferences, demographic information, or any other information that could be used to contact you or any other information that you may choose to disclose to Tochelle.
In some cases, we may also collect information you provide about others, such as when you purchase a gift card for someone and request that we deliver it electronically, create and share a “wishlist” or decide to purchase and ship products to someone. We will use this information to fulfill your requests and will not send marketing communications to your contacts unless they separately opt in to receive communications from us.
- Information We Collect Automatically: In order to improve the overall quality of your online experience, Tochelle, its partners, and/or vendors automatically collect certain information about you when you access or use our website or Offer Sites, interact with our emails or online advertisements, or when you transact business with us. Information we automatically collect includes:
- Log File Information: We collect information about your use of our website, such as the type of browser you use, access date/times, pages viewed, your Internet Protocol (“IP”) address and the referring link through which you accessed our websites. An IP address is a number that automatically identifies the computer or device you use to access the Internet. The IP address enables our server to send you the web pages that you want to visit, and it may disclose the server owned by your Internet Service Provider. We track and aggregate certain information about the visits to our website to analyze trends and statistics such as general traffic flow and feature usage related to Tochelle’s website. We compile traffic-based statistics that show the numbers and frequency of visitors to our website and its individual pages. These are an aggregated statistical report that we use internally to better understand our website traffic, manage our website, and help diagnose any problems. Tochelle may also aggregate such information and make it available to others as part of its business; however, we will not identify you when providing such information or make it possible to identify you by others in providing this information.
- Cookies: Our website, online advertisements, and emails use first and third-party “cookies”, pixel tags, and other technologies to automatically collect information about you such as browser type, pages viewed, links clicked, and other actions you take in connection with our websites, online advertisements, and email. A cookie is data sent to your Internet browser from a Web server and stored directly on your computer hard drive. Cookies and similar technologies within a web browser allow us to collect and store data as you navigate our website. We use this information for various purposes, including to facilitate web page navigation, display information more effectively, personalize your online experience, to understand how our websites are used by users, market our products and services, measure the success of our marketing campaigns, and for security purposes.
Most web browsers are set up to accept cookies. You can adjust your browser settings to refuse all cookies or to inform you when a cookie is being placed on your hard drive. However, certain features of Tochelle’s website may not work properly and you may be required to re-enter certain information each time you use our website. For example, to use our shopping cart feature, you must have cookies enabled.
Where we use Google Analytics, we have set up the service to anonymize your IP address as soon as data is received by the Analytics Collection Network, before any storage or processing takes place. To opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites please visit https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
- Transaction Information: When you purchase or return a product, we collect information about the transaction, such as product details and the date and location of the purchase/return.
- Mobile Information: When you access our website from a mobile or smartphone device, we may receive information about your location and your mobile device, such as unique device identifiers.
- Information From Third Party Sources: We also receive information about you from other sources, including service providers such as PayPal, Flutterwave and Google, and through your interactions with us on social media websites, and we add it to the information we associate with your account.
TEXT MESSAGE/SMS CONSENT AND OPT-OUT
If you choose, you can provide your mobile phone number to receive text message alerts containing shipping information that may be sent via our third-party shipper using automated dialing systems (“Text Messages”). You agree that by providing your mobile phone number you expressly consent to receive automated text messages from the logistic company to the mobile phone number provided. Message and data rates will apply and you should check the rates of your mobile carrier. You can opt out from further text marketing communications by following the opt-out instructions that will be sent to the SMS number used by the logistics company to contact you.
We may share your mobile phone number with other service providers with whom we contract to assist us with the above activities, but we will not share your mobile phone number with third parties for their own purposes without your consent. You acknowledge that Text Messages are distributed via third party mobile network providers and, therefore, we cannot control certain factors relating to message delivery. You acknowledge that, depending on the recipient’s mobile carrier, it may not be possible to transmit the Text Message to the recipient successfully; nor is content available on all carriers. We do not claim or guarantee availability or performance of this service, including liability for transmission delays or message failures. Tochelle expressly disclaims any liability related to third party carriers or service providers.
YOUR RIGHTS OVER YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
EU Privacy Rights
If you are a European Union resident, in accordance with Tochelle’s policies and procedures you have the right to review, verify, correct, and request erasure of the Personal Information that we hold about you under certain circumstances. You also have the right to limit, restrict, or object to the processing of your Personal Information under certain circumstances. You may also have the right to request that we transfer your Personal Information to another party to the extent provided for under applicable data privacy laws. For more information on your rights, please see https://ec.europa.eu/info/law/law-topic/data-protection/reform/rights-citizens_en.
If you want to review, verify, correct, or request erasure of your Personal Information; limit, restrict, or object to the processing of your Personal Information; or request a transfer of your Personal Information to another party, please contact us at email@example.com. To protect your privacy and security, we also will take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting access, making corrections, or following such a request to correct or delete your data.
When you contact us, we will respond as soon as possible and where possible within one month. If your request is more complicated, it may take longer to respond to you, but we will respond within three months of your request. There is no charge for most requests, but if you ask us to provide a significant amount of data, for example, we may ask you to pay a reasonable administrative fee. We also may ask you to verify your identity before we provide any information to you.
YOUR OPT-OUT CHOICES
If you do not want Tochelle to send you email regarding our Services, you can choose not to provide your Personal Information to Tochelle, even though it might be necessary to make a purchase or to take advantage of certain features on our Services. You may also manage, update and correct the information you provide as part of your online account by logging into your user account and clicking on the “Settings” hyperlink. If you choose not to give us certain Personal Information, you can still use many aspects of our website. However, you will not be able to access website areas that require account registration.
If you have previously opted-in to receiving marketing emails from us, you can update your preferences to tell us specifically what you are interested in hearing about by clicking on the preferences link included in the marketing e-mails. You can update your preferences at any time.
If you would prefer not to receive marketing emails sent by Tochelle, simply click on the “unsubscribe” link included at the bottom of any of those emails. If you opt out of receiving marketing emails, we may still send you other types of messages, such as purchase receipts, information about shipments, or emails about your user account.